Megan Shutts-Karjola, MD, is an OB/GYN and received her undergraduate degree in Biology from Saint Lawrence University in Canton, New York and went on to complete her Medical Doctorate at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Betheseda, Maryland. Prior work experience was at Mountain Home, AFB in Idaho and at Eglin AFB in Florida. She and her family moved to Stockton, UT in 2012 to provide women's care at Mountain West Medical Center. Dr. Shutts-Karjola also holds the position of Chief of Staff of the hospital's Medical Staff.
Dr. Shutts-Karjola offers obstetric and gynecological care for women of all ages - from adolescence to menopause and every stage in between. She offers a full range of women’s health services, from annual pelvic and breast exams to treatment for reproductive issues or gynecologic cancer.
- Pre-Pregnancy Counseling
- Prenatal Care for normal and high-risk pregnanices
- Vaginal, Cesarean, or VBAC Delivery
- Annual Well-Woman exams, including pelvic and breast exams
- Contraception and Family Planning, including IUD insertion and tubal ligation
- Evaluation of pelvic pain
- Treatment for urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Treatment for Basic Infertility
- Pelvic surgery
- Treatment for Painful or Heavy Periods
- Treatment for Endometriosis
- Hormone testing
- Menopause Care and Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Treatment for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Female Health and Wellness
- Basic Depression and Anxiety Treatment
One-on-One with Dr. Shutts-Karjola:
Dr. Shutts-Karjola's Education and Training:
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD
- Keesler Medical Center, Keesler AFB, MS
- Board Certified, American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Getting to Know Dr. Shutts-Karjola:
Dr. Shutts-Karjola lives in Stockton, UT with her husband and three boys. They have lots of animals such as dogs, cats, chickens, goats, horses and alpacas. Her parents moved to Utah to help raise the family. Dr. Shutts-Karjola has served her entire career in the United States Air Force and has received multiple medals including the Meritorious Unit Medal and was promoted to Colonel in July 2019.
Mountain West Medical Group, Mountain West Medical Center and Wellsprings Women's Care are independent affiliates.