Seth Manning is a Certified Physician Assistant and is excited to grow his family medicine practice in his hometown of Tooele, where he has always referred to as home. Tooele is where he has lifelong friends and memories. Seth likes the closeness of the community and the small-town pride.
He believes each patient is unique and requires an individual approach to medical care. A patient-provider relationship is built on trust, empathy, open communication, and shared decision-making --- all of which are imperative for patients to receive the best medical care. Seth believes when a patient is seeking a medical provider, he or she will be confident in knowing the provider will learn and retain that person’s medical history, habits, struggles, and goals as they take the healthcare journey together.
Seth chose to become a Physician Assistant largely in part that, at a young age, he had gotten sick with a serious medical condition. During these times, he was treated by his primary care provider, who happened to be a physician assistant. This provider was influential and remembered as being friendly, patient, reassuring and able to calm Seth’s fears. He had no concept of the difference between the various medical professions, but he was fully aware of the fact his family trusted this PA with his healthcare. Seth excelled in the biological sciences and became interested in pursuing a medical career. The compassionate and informed care his own PA demonstrated, opened his eyes to the importance of this profession and influenced his decision to become a PA.
Seth received his Master of Physician Assistant Studies degree from Northern Arizona University in Phoenix, AZ in August of 2022. Prior to that, he attended Dixie State University and received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with an emphasis of Biomedical Science.
Seth is especially interested in treating obesity, primary headaches (migraines, tension-type, cluster), musculoskeletal issues, and mental health.
In addition, Seth will see a range of conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses including cold, flu, abdominal pain, urinary tract infections and backaches
- Aging-related illnesses and conditions, for example, arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia
- Chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Sports-related conditions that include sprains and strains
- Psychological conditions including depression and anxiety
- Adult and child wellness and physical exams
- Diabetes education
- Diagnostic laboratory tests
- Minor office procedures, such as toenail removal
- Nutritional counseling, including weight management
- Skin biopsies
- Smoking cessation
Seth Manning's Education and Training:
- Masters of Physician Assistant Studies, Northern Arizona University, Phoenix, AZ
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
Getting to Know Seth Manning:
Seth is married and has a young son. Seth is the second of four siblings. Outside of work, Seth enjoys lifting weights, training in mixed martial arts ---particularly jiu-jitsu and wrestling, playing pickleball, watching college and professional football, and of course, spending time with his family.