Catherine Carter, FNP, is a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Mountain West Medical Group, in the office of Dr. Charles Holt in the downtown Tooele location. She has several years of experience in Family Medicine, Urgent Care, and Occupational Health Medicine. Catherine graduated with her nursing degree in 1998 and completed her Family Nurse Practitioner Masters Degree in 2010. She worked as a nurse practioner at the VA Western Salt Lake City Community Based Outpatient Clinic and was a mentor for the nurse practitioner and physician assistant students at the University of Utah, Brigham Young University, and Gonzaga University.
Catherine has an interest in providing evidence-based holistic care for each of her patients.
Catherine Carter's family practice is made of of patients ages 13 and up.
She diagnoses and treats patients’ conditions, from simple ear or sinus infections to chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Catherine will see a range of conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses in teens and adults, including cold, flu, abdominal pain, urinary tract infections and backaches
- Aging-related illnesses and conditions, for example, arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia
- Chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Sports-related conditions that include sprains and strains
- Psychological conditions including depression and anxiety
- Adult and teen wellness and physical exams
- Diabetes education
- Diagnostic laboratory tests
- High blood pressure management
- Minor office procedures, such as toenail removal
- Nutritional counseling, including weight management
- Onsite x-ray
- Skin biopsies
- Smoking cessation
One-on-One with Catherine Carter:
Catherine Carter's Education and Training:
- Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Getting to Know Catherine Carter:
Catherine grew up in Salt Lake City and has lived in Tooele County for 30 years with her husband, Jeff. They have 2 boys. When not in the clinic, you will find her running, biking, skiing or doing anything outside, enjoying the many assets Utah provides.