Alex Childs is a Physician Assistant at the Grantsville location. He graduated from Grantsville High School and achieved a BS in Biology from Utah Valley University. Alex went on to Keiser University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he obtained a MS in Physician Assistant Studies. Alex worked as a PA in Northern California before returning to his hometown of Grantsville where he now provides medical care for residents of Tooele County.
Alex's approach to medicine is to be up-to-date on medical guidelines but also to do what is right for the patient. He takes the time necessary with each visit and is personable and kind in his approach.
- Preventive care/wellness check-ups
- Immunizations, including pediatric, booster, travel-required, flu and pneumonia
- Treatment for physical illnesses, minor injuries, muscle/joint pain, and behavioral health concerns
- Management of chronic health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, congestive heart failure
- Minor procedures such as skin biopsies, joint injections, cryotherapy for warts/lesions
- Sports, employment and insurance physicals
- Department of Transportation (DOT) exams
- Dermatology and skin care
- Stitches for cuts; setting simple bone fractures
- Workers Compensation Exams/treatment
- Coordination of care with specialists
- Pediatric Care
One-on-One with Alex Childs:
Alex Childs' Education and Training:
- Keiser University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Physician Assistant Studies
Getting to Know Alex Childs:
Alex loves spending time with his wife and children doing adventurous activities. His family enjoys camping, hiking and mountaineering. Some of his many hobbies include writing novels, scuba diving, rock climbing and skiing. Additionally, Alex volunteers as a provider for the Salt Lake City West Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and is also involved in street medicine for Tooele County.