Al Parker, MD was raised in Georgia. He has had over 20 years of experience serving patients in the ER, Hospital Medicine, Urgent Care, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. He has received many honors and awards throughout his professional experience, including: Resident teacher of the year, Honors Family Medicine and Pediatrics, and Chief Resident.
Dr. Parker is one of the only local doctors who will still do house calls for some of his elderly patients who cannot get out easily. He feels this is helpful in keeping them more compliant with their diabetes and high blood pressure care.
Dr. Parker’s practice is made up of many families and generations of families which he is honored to serve in their healthcare needs.
He diagnoses and treats patients’ conditions, from simple ear or sinus infections to chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. Dr. Parker gives family-centered primary care for patients of all ages, from ages 0-105. He sees a range of conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses in children and adults, including cold, flu, abdominal pain, urinary tract infections and backaches
- Aging-related illnesses and conditions, for example, arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia
- Chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Sports-related conditions that include sprains and strains
- Psychological conditions including depression and anxiety
- Adult and child wellness and physical exams
- Diabetes education
- Diagnostic laboratory tests
- Minor office procedures, such as toenail removal
- Nutritional counseling, including weight management
- Skin biopsies
- Smoking cessation
- High blood pressure management
Dr. Parker's Education and Training:
- Mercer University, Macon, GA
- University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
- Board Certified, Family Medicine
Getting to Know Dr. Parker:
In his free time, Dr. Parker enjoys spending time with his wife and family, fly fishing, and coaching AA basketball.