Viveca Falks is a family nurse practitioner who is excited about the opportunity to serve and meet the healthcare needs of families in the Tooele Valley. From newborns to the geriatric population, she offers support across the lifespan in preventative care, as well as acute and chronic conditions. Viveca believes in listening to her patients and building relationships. She intends to provide comprehensive clinical exams, appropriate diagnostic testing, and vigilant follow up.
Viveca completed her Masters in Nursing degree in 2022 at Frontier Nursing University, based in Hyden, Kentucky. She has 6 years of experience in progressive care and cardiovascular surgery ICU care. In addition to her professional experience, Viveca also has been involved with the National Alliance on Mental Health, Noah’s Children, and Health Brigade.
She diagnoses and treats patients’ conditions, from simple ear or sinus infections to chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Viveca will see a range of conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses in children and adults, including cold, flu, abdominal pain, urinary tract infections and backaches
- Aging-related illnesses and conditions, for example, arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia
- Chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Sports-related conditions that include sprains and strains
- Psychological conditions including depression and anxiety
- Adult and child wellness and physical exams
- Diabetes education
- Diagnostic laboratory tests
- High blood pressure management
- Minor office procedures, such as toenail removal
- Nutritional counseling, including weight management
- Onsite x-ray
- Skin biopsies
- Smoking cessation
Viveca Falks' Education and Training:
- Master of Science in Nursing, Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, KY
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX
Getting to Know Viveca Falks, FNP-C:
Viveca moved to Salt Lake City in 2020 with her husband and two dogs. On her days off, she enjoys mountain biking in Park City, skiing in the Cottonwoods, camping in Wyoming, and hiking in the Uinta Mountains. She hopes to get to know those living and working Tooele and surrounding areas.